Article not complete
Christ Church Website
Christ Church website - http://www.ccbl.org.uk/
Press function key F5 to refresh the map.
1921 map reproduced from Andrew Rowbottom’s Old OS Maps website.
Ward End is beginning to be built up eastwards from the old village centre.
The symbol showing the future site of Christ Church has been added by myself.
Christ Church, Ward End was consecrated in 1935 as a chapel of ease of St Margaret's, Ward End; the area began to be built up between the Wars. Standing on the hill at the top of Burney Lane it was designed by prolific Birmingham architect Holland Hobbiss. It is a brick building with stone dressings, a steeply-pitched tiled roof, small round-headed windows, and a prominent broad west tower.
Images below by Oosoom on Wikipedia reusable under Creative Commons licence Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported.
This is a Grade II listed building whose record can be found on the
Historic England website - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1393385.