Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk
44. ST. AIDAN, Small Heath (Herbert Rd.), originated as an iron church first licensed as a mission of All Saints, Small Heath, in 1891. (fn. 87) A permanent church designed by F. T. Proud and built of brick in the Perpendicular style, with chancel, two 'guild chapels', nave and aisles, was opened in 1894 and consecrated in 1896. (fn. 88) The font, an ancient one, came from St. Stephen's, Bristol. A parish was assigned out of All Saints, Small Heath, in 1897 (fn. 89) of which part was transferred back again in 1907. (fn. 90) In 1946 the parish, together with those of All Saints, Small Heath, St. Gregory, Small Heath, and St. Oswald, Small Heath, was declared part of an ecclesiastical reorganization area. (fn. 91) The living, a perpetual curacy in 1896, became a vicarage in 1905, in the gift of public trustees. (fn. 92) In 1949 the benefices of St. Aidan and All Saints were united to form the new benefice of St. Aidan. (fn. 93) A mission church in Arthur Street and Dixon Road has been licensed for public worship since 1902. (fn. 94)
This is a Grade II listed building whose record can be found on the
Historic England website - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1343050.