Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk
59. ST. CATHERINE, Nechells (Scholefield St.), a building designed by Osborn and Reading in the Perpendicular style and consisting of nave, aisles and transepts, was consecrated in 1878. (fn. 56) A parish was assigned out of St. Clement's, Nechells, in 1879. (fn. 57) The living, a vicarage, was in the gift of the Aston Trustees. (fn. 58) The church was closed in 1945, the benefice was united in 1951 with that of St. Matthew, Duddeston, (fn. 59) and the church was demolished. A mission room in Cranbury Street was licensed for public worship, 1908-26. (fn. 60)
The church was closed in 1945,(destroyed by enemy action) the benefice was united in 1951 with that of St Matthew, Duddeston, and the church was demolished.