St Gregory the Great
Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk
75. ST. GREGORY THE GREAT, Small Heath (Coventry Rd. and Oldknow Rd.), originated as an iron church known as the church of the Good Shepherd and opened in 1900 as a mission of All Saints', Small Heath. (fn. 32) This iron church was being used as a parish hall in 1956. Beside it a permanent church was begun in 1902, dedicated to St. Gregory the Great in 1912, (fn. 33) and consecrated in 1916. It is a tall, red brick building in the Byzantine style with north and south aisles. In 1916 a Conventional District was attached to it (fn. 34) and in 1924 a parish was assigned out of All Saints', Small Heath, and St. Oswald's, Bordesley. The living then became a vicarage in the gift of the bishop, the Vicar of All Saints' presenting for the first turn only. (fn. 35) The parish was declared part of an ecclesiastical reorganization area in 1946. (fn. 36)
This is a Grade II listed building whose record can be found on the
Historic England website - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1234443.