St Mark's on Washwood Heath Road was licensed for public worship as a chapel of ease of St. Saviour's, Saltley, in 1890. Designed by J A Chatwin, the church is in Gothic style and built of red brick with stone dressings (inside and out) and consists of a chancel, nave, aisles, and a tower with a stone spire. It was consecrated in 1899. The tower and NW baptistery were added according to the original plan in 1919.
A parish was assigned out of St. Saviour's in 1907. Part of the parish was taken to form part of the parish of St Mary and St John, Shaw Hill in 1929.