St Mary's, Aston Brook stood on Aston Road North and was was consecrated in 1863; the church was a memorial to Josiah Yeomans Robins of Allesley Park.
A red-brick building with Bath stone bands and dressings, it was designed by James Murray in a 14th-century Decorated style and comprises a chancel and nave, aisles, vestry, and west and south porches. A tower in the same style was added in 1882.
A parish was assigned out of the parishes of St Peter & St Paul Aston, St Silas Lozells, and St Matthew Duddeston, in 1864, the living being a perpetual curacy until 1881 and a vicarage thereafter, in the gift of Josiah Robins (d 1866) for life, and then of public trustees.
In 1950 the benefice and part of the parish of St. Stephen, Birmingham, were united with those of St Mary, to form the united benefice of St Mary Aston Brook. The late 1960s was a period of widespread redevelopment in this area. The whole area east of Aston Road North was to be laid out for light industry. St Mary's parish was united with that of St Peter and St Paul, Aston in 1971 and the church was subsequently demolished and the site sold.
Images courtesy of of John Houghton - See his website Astonbrook through Aston Manor - http://www.astonbrook-through-astonmanor.co.uk/churchpictures.html.
The church appears on the 1890 Ordnance Survey map which can be viewed at British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk/mapsheet.aspx?compid=55193&sheetid=10094&ox=3449&oy=885&zm=1&czm=1&x=319&y=238.
William Dargue 17.05.2016