St Oswald of Worcester
Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk
108. ST. OSWALD OF WORCESTER, Small Heath (Coventry Rd.), began as a temporary iron church licensed, from 1882, as a mission of St. Andrew's, Bordesley. A permanent building of brick and stone, designed by W. H. Bidlake in the Early English style (fn. 67) and comprising chancel, chapel, vestries, and aisled nave, was consecrated in 1893 and enlarged 1899-1900. (fn. 68) A parish was assigned out of St. Andrew's in 1889, (fn. 69) and parts of it were taken to form the parish of St. Benedict, Bordesley (1910), and part of St. Gregory's, Small Heath (1924). The parish was declared part of an ecclesiastical reorganization area in 1946. (fn. 70) The living was described as a donative in 1889, and as a vicarage from 1893, in the gift of the bishop and public trustees alternately. (fn. 71) St. Benedict's mission church, licensed from 1898, was consecrated in 1910 as St. Benedict's, Bordesley. An iron mission church in Whitehall Road was licensed for public worship from 1889 to 1926. (fn. 72)
This is a Grade II* listed building whose record can be found on the
Historic England website - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1343113.