Birmingham churches in 1836
Click the thumbnail
to see the eight churches visible from
Bordesley Fields in 1836.
Only two and a half of these city centre churches are still standing ie. St Martin's-in-the-Bull Ring, St Philip's now Birmingham Cathedral and the tower of St Thomas' on Bath Row.
The image is a View of Birmingham from Bordesley Fields near the Coventry Road engraved by T Radclyffe after T Creswick in 'Birmingham and Its Vicinity as a Manufacturing and Commercial District' 1836 courtesy of Steve Bartrick's Ancestry Images, a free resource for historians, genealogists, family or local history researchers.