Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk
73. ST. GEORGE, Edgbaston (Calthorpe Rd.), was built by George Gough-Calthorpe, Lord Calthorpe, in 1838. It is a stone building in the Early English style comprising chancel (added in 1856), nave and aisles, designed by C. Edge. Further enlargements were made in 1885 to the designs of J. A. Chatwin. A parish was assigned out of St. Bartholomew's, Edgbaston, in 1852. (fn. 25) The patronage of the living, a perpetual curacy in 1838 and a vicarage since 1885, was vested in Lord Calthorpe and his heirs, and in 1960 was held by Brig. Sir R. Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, Bt. (fn. 26) A mission room in Parker Street was licensed for public worship, 1904-14; St. Michael's Mission, Waterworks Rd. (known as St. George's Institute until 1938), has been licensed since 1915, the chapel of the Children's Hospital, Ladywood Rd., since 1925. (fn. 27)
This is a Grade II listed building whose record can be found on the
Historic England website - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1211414.