Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk
74. ST. GERMAIN, Edgbaston (City Rd. and Portland Rd.), originated as an iron mission church in the parish of Christ Church, Summerfield, first licensed in 1896 and known as the City Road mission room. It was enlarged in 1899. From 1906 it was in the parish of St. Augustine, Edgbaston, and from 1907 was known as St. Germain's. (fn. 28) In 1956 the iron church was being used as a church hall. A new church built next to it was consecrated in 1917, (fn. 29) a red brick building designed by E. F. Reynolds of Birmingham (fn. 30) in the Byzantine style and consisting of nave and aisles with semi-circular east end enclosing an ambulatory. A parish was assigned out of St. Augustine's in 1920, when the living became a vicarage in the gift of public trustees. (fn. 31)
This is a Grade II listed building whose record can be found on the
Historic England website - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1393386.