Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk
87. ST. LUKE, Kingstanding (Caversham Rd.), designed by P. J. Hunt, is a rectangular building of brown brick in a modern Italianate style with a semi-circular west end and having roundheaded windows and a small north-west tower with a pyramidal roof. It was consecrated in 1937. (fn. 89) A parish was assigned out of St. John's, Perry Barr, in 1933. (fn. 90) Part of St. Luke's (outside the city boundary) was transferred to St. Michael's, Boldmere, and part of St. John's, Perry Barr, to St. Luke's, in 1948. (fn. 91) The living, a perpetual curacy from 1933 and a vicarage from 1939, is in the gift of the Crown and the bishop alternately. (fn. 92) All Saints' mission church, Oscott, was transferred to St. Luke's in 1948 from St. John's, Perry Barr.