Balsall Heath

St Barnabas

Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk

1890

52. ST. BARNABAS, Balsall Heath (Ladypool Rd. and Clifton Rd.), a brick and tile building designed by F. T. Proud in the Gothic style, with chancel, lady chapel, aisle and baptistery, was opened in 1890, as a mission church of St. Paul's, Balsall Heath, enlarged in 1894, and consecrated in 1904. (fn. 28) A parish was assigned out of St. Paul's in 1905, the benefice becoming a vicarage in the gift of the bishop. (fn. 29) St. Luke's mission church was licensed for public worship, 1908-26. (fn. 30)