Historic County: Worcestershire
St John the Baptist
Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk
80. ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST, Longbridge (Longbridge Lane and Turves Green), designed by Bromilow, While, and Smeaton, is built of brick and consists of a nave and flanking aisles, not divided by piers, and a chancel with a tower to one side of it. A window which occupies the whole of the gable end above the main entrance is divided by prominent mullions bearing carved wooden figures. A vestibule to the west connects the building to a church hall. The church was consecrated in 1957 and a parish was assigned out of St. Nicolas, King's Norton, in the same year. (fn. 58) The living is a perpetual curacy in the gift of the bishop. (fn. 59)
For photographs see Aidan McRae Thomson's set on Flickr
To find the church's website go to http://xladyhx.wix.com/longbridge-parish-church.