Church of the Ascension
Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk
A drawing of the church from a leaflet advertising an organ recital in 1901 appears on the Church Plans Online website.
26. THE ASCENSION, Stirchley (Hazelwell St., Pershore Rd.), is a large rectangular building of red brick in the Decorated style, with a carved timber roof and south-east tower. It was designed by W. Hale and was consecrated as a chapel of ease to St. Mary, Moseley, in 1901. (fn. 19) A parish was assigned out of St. Nicolas's, King's Norton, and St. Mary's, Moseley, in 1912. (fn. 20) In 1913 the living became a vicarage, in the gift of the bishop; (fn. 21) in 1916 it passed into the gift of the Vicar of St. Nicolas's, King's Norton. (fn. 22) Part of the parish of St. Mary Magdalen, Hazelwell (1932), was formed from this parish. The Mission Church of St. Hugh, Bishop of Lincoln, Pineapple Grove, has been licensed for public worship since 1927. (fn. 23)
Church of the Ascension website
The church's own website is at - http://www.ascensionstirchley.com/ .