Weoley Castle

St Gabriel

Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk

1934

71. ST. GABRIEL, Weoley Castle (Shenley Lane), a plain rectangular building of brownish brick with round-headed windows and comprising nave, chapel, chancel, organ gallery and vestries, was consecrated in 1934. (fn. 16) A parish was assigned out of St. Laurence's, Northfield, and St. Mary's, Selly Oak, in 1933. (fn. 17) The living, a vicarage since 1934, was in the gift of the Crown for the first turn, and then of the bishop. (fn. 18)