Bartley Green

St Michael & All Angels

Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk

1840

104. ST. MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS, Bartley Green (Field Lane), is a small L-shaped building, of red brick in a simple Gothic style. It was consecrated in 1840 (fn. 51) and enlarged in 1876. (fn. 52) It was a chapel of ease to St. Laurence's, Northfield, until 1933 when it became a chapel of ease to St. Gabriel's, Weoley Castle. (fn. 53) A Conventional District was attached to St. Michael's in 1950, (fn. 54) and this became a parish in 1956. (fn. 55) In 1960 the bishop was patron of the living. (fn. 56)