Selly Oak

St Wulstan

Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk

1893

125. ST. WULSTAN, Selly Oak (Exeter Rd., Bournbrook), originated as an iron church dedicated to St. Wulstan and opened as a mission church of St. Mary's, Selly Oak, in 1893. (fn. 35) A new church was consecrated in 1906: (fn. 36) it is a rectangular building of red and blue brick in the Decorated style with pinnacles at the four corners and a bellcot. A parish was assigned out of St. Mary's in 1911. (fn. 37) The church remained a chapel of ease until 1911, when it became a vicarage, in the gift of the Vicar of St. Mary's for the first turn and then of public trustees. (fn. 38)