Springfield

St Christopher

Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk

1907

60. ST. CHRISTOPHER, Springfield (Springfield Rd.), designed by Arthur Harrison in the Decorated style and built of brick with stone dressings, consists of nave, side chapel, baptistery and organ chamber. It was consecrated in 1907, (fn. 61) as a chapel of ease to St. John's, Sparkhill. A parish was assigned out of St. John's in 1911, the living becoming a vicarage in the gift of public trustees. (fn. 62)