St Cyprian & St Chad
Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk
64. ST. CYPRIAN, Hay Mills (The Fordrough, off the Coventry Rd.), originated in the schoolroom (now disused) next to the existing church, which was licensed as a mission of St. Edburgha's, Yardley, from 1864. (fn. 77) The church was erected and endowed in 1873 by J. Horsfall, who owned the near-by mill and had built the school. The church is a building of multi-coloured brick with stone dressings in the Gothic style, with chancel, nave, aisles, vestry and a south-west tower with spire; the architects were Martin and Chamberlain. It was consecrated in 1878, after a parish had been assigned in the same year out of St. Edburgha's. (fn. 78) The parish was enlarged in 1948 by further parts of St. Edburgha's. (fn. 79) The living, a vicarage since 1880, is in the gift of the bishop. (fn. 80) St. Chad's mission, South Yardley, has been licensed for public worship since 1908. (fn. 81)
This is a Grade II listed building whose record can be found on the
Historic England website - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1343408.