Tyseley

St Edmund

Work in progress . . . Temporary article - Information taken from British History Online - http://www.british-history.ac.uk

1895

66. ST. EDMUND, Tyseley (Reddings Lane), originated as a mission church in 1895. In 1913 a new iron church was dedicated to St. Edmund as a mission of St. John's, Sparkhill. (fn. 86) This second iron church, which survives as a church hall, was consecrated in 1932, (fn. 87) and was replaced in 1940 by a new church, (fn. 88) a rectangular building of red brick designed by H. W. Hobbiss (fn. 89) with a pantiled roof, round-headed openings, and a large north-west tower. A parish was assigned out of St. John's, Sparkhill, St. Mary's, Acock's Green, and St. Christopher's, Sparkhill, in 1931. (fn. 90) The living was a perpetual curacy in 1931 and a vicarage in 1940, in the gift of the Crown. (fn. 91)